SKILLS , ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT, MENTORSHIP
- ORT SA’s innovative Skills & Enterprise Development Programmes enhance people’s future employment and business prospects by equipping them with proficiency in life skills, problem solving, cognitive skills, conflict management, computers, presentation techniques, financial management and business skills.
PROGRAMMES OFFERD BY SKILLS & ED ACADEMY:
1.The New Venture Creation Qualification (NQF Level 2) provides learners with the entrepreneurial skills needed for enterprise development. ORT SA has recently been awarded provisional accreditation to deliver this qualification by the Services SETA.
2.Business Entrepreneurial Training (BET) for disadvantaged small business owners. This course is designed to cover business basics, incorporating practical experience, technology and practical business acumen. (Course is aligned to NVC/ NQF2)
3.Work Readiness Programme
4.ORT JET MODEL of Business Skills Training, mentorship and networking opportunities
- NEW VENTURE CREATION
The purpose of the NQF level 2 New Venture Creation qualification is to provide a qualification that can empower potential and existing entrepreneurs to capitalise on opportunities to start and grow sustainable businesses. These businesses will form part of the mainstream economy as the entrepreneurs will be enabled to tender for business opportunities within both the public and private sectors
- Training of Business Skills through the six modules of to the NVC Course NQF2 :Marketing, Financial Management, Operational Management, Customer Service and Business Ethics.
- Training incorporates 21st century thinking skills such as critical, analytical and innovative thinking
- Assessors and moderators ensure quality of portfolios submitted
- Networking opportunities and introduction to key players in various industries is included in the programme
- The NVC NQF2 is an accredited course with Services SETA
- 1-2 years programme with practical work experience
- Possibility of Learnerships
2. BET PROGRAMME
- To Inspire and empower unemployed young people with potential (i.e. those with a business idea or who have already started a business) to develop critical entrepreneurial skills to run a business.
- Boot camps for young and aspired entrepreneurs or existing SMEs are run in alignment to the qualification NVC 2
- Needs analysis of the business allows alignment of training to the needs identified
- Mentors are introduced to the groups as well as key leaders in the various industries
- Lean Start up methodologies such as the Business Canvas is used with aspiring entrepreneurs
- Short courses run via Bootcamps
- Possibility of incorporating it as Suppliers Development
3. WORK READINESS PROGRAMME 2016
To skill unemployed youth with fundamentals skills and knowledge to finding employment and maintaining it.
- The programme combines a blended learning approach with face to training of the five modules of the Ready 2 Work Programme and online usage of a portal
- By the end of the programme, each participant acquires an email and an online access to the Barclays Ready to Work Portal
- In partnership with Barclays Ready 2 work programme
- By the end of 2016 7000 beneficiaries will be trained on this programme
MICT SETA accredited for National Certificate: Information Technology: End User Computing NQF 3.
4. ORT JET MODEL
ORT JET is a unique enterprise development model which uses the local business knowledge and professional expertise within the Jewish community to provide small businesses with the required assistance.
Offering Business Skills Training on various topics, mentorship and networking opportunities.
In the past ten year 800 businesses benefited from this programme with sterling results on their performance.