SKILLS, ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT, MENTORSHIP
ORT SA’s innovative Skills & Enterprise Development Programmes enhance people’s future employment and business prospects by equipping them with proficiency in life skills, problem solving, cognitive skills, conflict management, computers, presentation techniques, financial management and business skills.
PROGRAMMES OFFERD BY SKILLS & ED ACADEMY:
- The New Venture Creation Qualification (NQF Level 2).
- MICT SETA accredited National Certificate in IT: End User Computing NQF 3.
- Business Entrepreneurial Training (BET).
- ORT YES Work Readiness Programme.
- ORT JET Model of Business Skills Training, Mentorship and Networking Opportunities.
1.NEW VENTURE CREATION
The purpose of the NQF level 2 New Venture Creation qualification is to provide a qualification that can empower potential and existing entrepreneurs to capitalise on opportunities to start and grow sustainable businesses. These businesses will form part of the mainstream economy as the entrepreneurs will be enabled to tender for business opportunities within both the public and private sectors
- Training of Business Skills through the six modules of to the NVC Course NQF2: Marketing, Financial Management, Operational Management, Customer Service and Business Ethics.
- Training incorporates 21st century thinking skills such as critical, analytical and innovative thinking
- Assessors and moderators ensure quality of portfolios submitted
- Networking opportunities and introduction to key players in various industries is included in the programme
- The NVC NQF2 is an accredited course with Services SETA
- 1-2 years programme with practical work experience
- Possibility of Learnership.
2. END USER COMPUTING NQF
To intergrade end users into the computing environment and to teach the basic knowledge and understanding of using ICT in an organisation, with emphasis on Microsoft packages Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access.
- Demonstrate an understanding of applying graphical user interface based on word processing
- Demonstrate understanding of spreadsheet application skills in the workplace.
- Demonstrate understanding of the use of information communications & Technology in organization.
- Improve the application of mathematical Literacy in the work place using End User Computing Application.
- Demonstrate understanding of applying web Browser Application skills in the workplace.
- Improve communication skills with End User Computing skills.
3. BET PROGRAMME
- To Inspire and empower unemployed young people with potential (i.e. those with a business idea or who have already started a business) to develop critical entrepreneurial skills to run a business.
- Boot camps for young and aspired entrepreneurs or existing SMEs are run in alignment to the qualification NVC 2
- Needs analysis of the business allows alignment of training to the needs identified
- Mentors are introduced to the groups as well as key leaders in the various industries
- Lean Start up methodologies such as the Business Canvas is used with aspiring entrepreneurs
- Short courses run via Bootcamps
- Possibility of incorporating it as Suppliers Development
4. WORK READINESS PROGRAMME
To provide and equip unemployed youth with a 12 month quality work experience, with fundamentals skills and knowledge to finding employment and maintaining it.
- Providing quality work experience from host employer.
- Career Readiness Trainings for employability.
- Computer skills Training.
- CV writing
- Workplace etiquette Training