YES, YOUTH STORIES – QUESTIONS AND EXAMPLES
- How did you find out about YES? How did you find out about the opportunity?
What are the factors that led you to get the job?
The School contact me about the opportunity and, I accept this opportunity because I want to earn and learn the new environment
- How has the experience been?
The experience is good working around kids and the pressure of submission.
- What have been some of your challenges?
To assist on marking exam and teaching kids.
- How has the YES Smartphone and apps positively impacted you? (Name one or two modules and its impact
It really made a huge impact especially on a business management
- How has this experience changed your life, or impacted those around you? (i.e friends, family, community)
I can know advice where I can due to experience I got
- What does this work experience mean to you or those around you, given the context of COVID
It means a lot especially on a tough time of Covid-19 where jobs are hard to find but with this program we can survive.
- What are some of the key skills you have picked up as a YES Youth, and how could this shape your future?
Teaching, office administration and also how to run my own business.
- Describe one example of how you went above and beyond in the work place (An extraordinary moment in which you were innovative, displayed growth mindset, or represented exactly what it means to show excellence as an employee)
Assistant teaching and marking it is the highlight and taking kids to sport field where they were not doing before since Covid-19.
- What’s your message to the other youth?
It’s not the end of the world, the is opportunity for all of us and don’t be afraid to Challenge Learnership
- What would you like to say to YES?
Thank you, a lot I really appreciate the opportunity,